This is an incredibly simple, basic cheese sauce made with butter, flour, milk and cheese. It’s super thick and cheesy, which basically equates to perfection when you’re talking about macaroni and cheese. I am sure kids would love to have this for evening snack or dinner. Macaroni and cheese is a classic recipe for pasta and cheese lovers!
Serves : 2
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Shell macoroni : 1 cup
Milk : 1 cup
Grated Cheese : 1/2 cup
All Purpose flour : 2 tblsp
Pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
crushed red chilly : 1/4 tsp
Butter : 2 tblsp
Salt : as needed
- Boil water and cook macaroni until soft along with required salt. No need to wash the pasta. Just drain it and keep aside.
2. Heat heavy bottom pan with butter. When butter melts, add all purpose flour and mix with a whisk.
3. Add milk and pepper gradually mixing with the whisk and mix to form a smooth sauce. As it get cooks,the sauce becomes thicker. Add cheese and mix well until the cheese melts. Do it medium or low heat.
4. Do not let the sauce boil. See the consistency, it should be too thick or thin. When the sauce is ready, mix it with the cooked pasta and spread crushed red chilly on the top.
Serve it hot.
- You can try it with any pasta too.
- You can adjust saucy level as your wish, adding milk.
- Do not cook milk on high heat, it may lead to curdled sauce.