Kozhi rasam is very popular in chettinad, while kali poojai. This Rasam though spicy is an excellent home remedy for common cold. The cold will vanish the next day. This rasam can be served as a soup too. Usually chicken with bones are preferred to make this rasam, then the chicken pieces can be strained and then they can be fried and served as chicken fry too. But i like to have chicken just like that with the soup itself. Serving it with rice or having it as a soup, is your choice. Anyway its taste very delicious.
Serves : 4-5
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 20 mins
Chicken (Bony pieces) : 350 gms
Onion : 1 small size
Tomato : 2 chopped
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Red chilly powder : 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 spring
Oil : 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Pepper Corn : 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds : 1 tbsp
Fennel seed : 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder : 2 tbsp
Garlic : 5
Dry red chilly : 2
Shallots : 4
- Clean and wash the chicken, pressure cook it along with onion, tomato, turmeric, red chilly powder, half a salt, 4 cups of water for 3 whistles on medium high heat.
2. In mean time take all ingredients to grind rasam paste in a mixer. Grind to smooth paste, set a side.
3. Once cooker sound released, heat oil in a kadai, crackle cumin seeds and curry leaves. Then add cooked chicken with water and ground rasam masala and salt as needed. Give a nice boil till oil separate on the top. Tada.
Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot as soup or with white rice as your wish. Enjoy…
1. Adjust the spice level as per personal heat tolerance level.
2. You can cook chicken in a pan also.
3. The strained chicken pieces can be used to make chicken fry as your wish.