It is one of my favorite potato dish. A smell of ginger garlic paste which we add, pepper spice, outside crisped potato and inside soft, while telling itself my tongue is drooling. I promise you, will love and enjoy this potato each and every bite of this recipe. Here you go.
Serves : 3
Prep Time : 5mins Cooking Time : 30 mins + 20 mins
Potato : 2 large
Ginger Garlic Paste : 3 tsp
Cumin Seeds/Jeerakam : 1 tsp
Curry Leaves : 1 spring
Salt to taste
Pepper powder/Crushed : 1 tbsp or to taste
Oil : 4 tbsp
- Take potatoes in a pressure cooker with water, cook on medium high. Cook for one whistle, once air released cool it, peel them and cut them into small cube pieces. Set aside till use.
- Heat Kadai or nonstick pan, add oil, cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste one by one. Saute it for couple of mins.
3. Time to add cubed potatoes, toss well with the spices, add salt and mix them well.
4. Cook on a low heat till they turn golden, this will take 15 to 20 mins. Toss it in between.
5. Now add pepper powder or crushed pepper, toss it for 10 mins up to outer layer to crisp.
See crisp potato pepper turns out. Enjoy it with sambar, rasam,lime rice as your wish.
- Adding crushed pepper will give nice taste. Because of my son only, i added pepper powder.
- Dont add oil at once, add little by little, so only potato will cook in oil, it will turn crisp.