This is a very healthy, nutritious and wholesome breakfast with the goodness of vegetables. There is no need for any special side dish for this chapati as it is very tasty on its own. If required, you can have it with yogurt or pickle or just a simple raita. Actually you think im going to stuffed the cooked vegetable in this chapati. No, im going to add finely chopped veg and wheat flour to make a soft chapatti. Try and let me know how it turns out.
Chapati : 8 nos Prep Time: 15 mins
Resting Time : 20 mins Cooking Time : 5 mins each chapati
Wheat Flour : 1.5 cups
Yogurt : 2 tbsp
Warm water to knead a dough
Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
Shredded Carrot : 1
Shredded Cabbage : 1/2 cup
Finely chopped Beans : 5 nos
Salt to taste
Oil as needed
- Start shredding and chopping vegetable very finely. Set all ingredients ready. In a bowl, add flour, salt, vegetables, yogurt, red chilly powder. Mix all and add water little by little to make soft dough. Knead the dough for about one minute on a lightly greased surface to make it smooth and pliable. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and set aside at least 20 minutes. I forgot red chilly powder in pic.
- Divide the dough into equal parts. Make smooth balls and press flat. Before rolling the chapati press both sides of the ball on a dry floured surface to make them easy to roll. Dont make to thin or thick rolls.
3. Heat an iron or heavy skillet on medium high heat. Once skillet got heat, place the one chapati into the skillet. Cook it 2 mins and flip it over, sprinkle some oil. It will start spotting some golden brown. Cook for 2 mins. Now chapati has cooked fully. Serve with raita or yogurt.Notes:
- Adding yogurt and warm water, will help to make a soft chapati.
- If u dont like to add red chilly powder, can add finely chopped green chilies also.
- Instead of oil, you can add butter or ghee also.