Most of the people love Paalkova including me. Srivilliputhur in Tamil Nadu is famous for Palkova. There is a whole history to how the Paalkova became famous. Paalkova is the essence of all the milk sweet recipes. You may find a lot of milk peda varieties. I want to try it at home. So, i looked over the internet for quick paal kova recipe and came across a recipe made using condensed milk which cooked in the microwave. So, i like to share this recipe in this link. So try it and let me know how it turns out.
Prep Time : 1 min Cooking Time : 9 mins
Sweetened Condensed Milk : 2 cans (28 oz)
Yogurt : 4 tsp
Ghee : 1 tbsp
Take a large microwave safe bowl. Pour in the condensed milk, then add yogurt, give a nice mix.
2. Put in the microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look runny at this stage. Now put it back in microwave for 2 mins. Take it out and mix well. It will look little curdled and thick at this point.
3. Again put it in micrwave for 2 mins. Now there will be some liquid. Add ghee and mix well. PUT it back in microwave for 2 mins.
4. Take from microwave, mix well. Now set 1 min time and cook. I found a little water,so again im put it back in microwave for 1 mins. Done. Paal kova ready.Notes :
1. Each microwave is differ, so keep an eye on it and mix in between.
- If you are using 1 can, reduce yogurt size.
- As the kova cools it will thicken a lot more, so adjust the timing accordingly.