This chicken kurma, is very famous on one particular hotel in my native. We all love this kurma up to the core. Any special occasion, festival at home, for food all people refer this hotel kurma and briyani. But after came to US, i really really miss this kurma and worried a lot. One day while talking to my aunt (in phone). I told her im missing this kurma. And she said dont worry u can try this kurma by ur own at home itself. Yes, she gave me a recipe. After trying this kurma first time, im so happy and it came out very well. So i like to share my happy (kurma) here.
Serves : 6
Prep Time :20 Mins Cooking Time : 25 mins
Onion : 1 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste : 3 tsp
Tomato : 3 (make a puree)
Chicken : 1/2 kg
Turmeric Powder : 2tsp
Oil : 5 tsp
cardamom : 2
Gloves : 4
Fennel seed : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
To Grinding (1):
Green Chilies : 10 nos
Coriander leaves : 1.5 cups (chopped)
To Grinding (2):
Shredded Coconut : 1 and 1/2 cup
pottukadalai/roasted gram : 4 tsp
Poppy seed : 2 tsp
Cashew nuts : 10 nos
Ghee: 2 tsp
Sliced Garlic : 10
Curry leaves one string
- In a pressure cooker, add oil, once heat add gloves, cardamom and fennel seeds.If its cracked add onion, saute it to golden brown, add ginger garlic paste, saute it for few mins, then tomato puree. Saute it till raw smell leaves.2. In this time wash chicken and grind coriander leaves and green chilies. Once tomato raw smell leaves, add chicken, saute it 2mins and add this coriander paste to it.
3. Allow chicken to cook for 5 mins in coriander puree. In Mean time start grinding with coconut, cashews, poppy seeds, roasted gram. Add this paste in to it. Stir well, add salt. If it is thick add little water and close the lid. Pressure cook for 3 whistle on medium heat.
4. Once air settled, open a lid, keep on low heat. On another side, in pan add ghee sliced garlic and curry leaves. Roast till golden color. add it to kurma and stir well. Allow to boil for 3 mins. Done. Serve hot with idly, parotta, briyani, appam….
1. It will be light green in color, because of coriander leaves. And this is main key and taste to this kurma.
- If U dont like to add green chilies reduce 2 or 3 chilies, add red chilly powder.