The health benefits of coriander include its use in the treatment of skin inflammation , high colestorel levels, diarrhea, mouth ulcers, anemia, indigestion, menstrual disorders, smallpox, conjunctivitis, skin disorders, and blood sugar disorders. Coriander, commonly known as Dhania. Six types of acids (including absorbic acid, better known as vitamin-C), minerals and vitamins. So here we going to see coriander in thokku form which an go with idly, dosa, rice,chapatti and roti.
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking Time : 40 mins
Coriander/Kothamalli : 2 bunch
Garlic pods : 20 nos
Red chilly : 6 -7
Tamarind : 1 lemon size
Salt to taste
Sesame Oil : 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds : 2 tsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Hing : 1/2 tsp
- Wash coriander, cut in to two set aside. Then take tamarind, red chillies, garlic and salt as shown in pic. Take all ingredients to a mixer, add required amount of water to make a fine puree. While grinding itself taste it, if anything have add in.2. Then in a pan, pour sesame oil. Once it got heat, add tempering ingredients into oil. If it started to crack add puree in oil. See the color after poured in oil.
3. Have to stir it well. It will take more than 30 mins. keeps in medium heat and stir in between up to oil gets separates and thokku color will change. Tada. Once it cool down store in air tight jar or container.Notes:
1. U can store this for 10 days and in fridge for a month.
- U can mix this thokku with rice, it will be kothamalli rice.
- It will go with idly, dosa, and chapatti etc.,