Okra, also called lady’s finger in Indian cuisine. In Hindi, also called as okra and gumbo in the rest of the world, ladyfingers are had best when cooked fresh. Stuff with a tangy masala, deep-fry to crisp with peanuts, or batter fry as pakoras, this finger is definitely an all-rounder. It can be served for snacks and as well as with rice, roti, dal etc.,
Serves : 2
Prep Time : 20 mins Cooking Time : 20mins
Lady’s Finger/Okra : 20 Nos
Red Chilly poweder : 2 tsp
Coriander powder : 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder : 1 tsp
Lemon Juice : 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Gram Flour/Besan : 3tsp
Rice Flour : 2 tsp
Oil for Deep fry
- First wash okra and drain excess water. Cut the edges of okra, then cut into halves. Take all seed inside and cut that half in to two as in pics.
2. Cut all okra’s and take it in a bowl. Then add chilly powder, coriander powder, garam masala, lemon juice and salt. Mix well. And add gram flour and rice flour mix well.
3. For deep fry heat a oil a pan. Once oil got a nice heat, put okras into it has quantity of oil. Flip it over after 3 mins and cook for 3mins. Once it got nice crisp take it in kitchen towel, to take excess oil from okra. serve hot.
1. Instead of lemon juice, u can add amchur/dry mango powder too.
- If u dont like to deep fry, u can shallow fry or roast in oven also.