Curry is a dish originating in the cuisine of indian sub continent. The common feature is the use of complex combinations of spices or herbs, usually including fresh or dried hot chillies. The use of the term is generally limited to dishes prepared in a sauce. Curry dishes prepared in the southern states of India may be spiced with coconut, tamarind and fresh grounded masala. According to our wishes can add vegetables, fish, prawns, crab etc., Here we are going see about tangy fish curry.
Prepe time : 10mins Cooking Time : 30 mins
Tamarind : 2 medium lemon size Tamarind
Fish : 1o pieces (any kind of fish as your wish)
Onion : 1 finely chopped
Tomato : 3 Finely chopped
Kuzhumbu milagai powder : 5 -6 tsp
Salt to taste
Tumeric powder : 1tsp
To Tempering :
Mustard seed : 1 tsp
cumin seed : 1 tsp
Methi Seed : 1/4 tsp
Sesame Oil : 1/4 cup
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 10mins. Then start with chopping work.
- Take mud pan or sauce, pour oil. Once heated, add tempering agents into it, wait to crack. Then add chopped onion.
- After it turns golden brown, add tomatoes. In this time take water from tamarind pulp. filter it wihout dirt. Add salt and kuzhumbu milagai powder, turmeric mix well. Once tomatoes got mushy, add tamarind water in to that.
4. Give a nice boil upto oil separates or bloat on top. Add cleaned and washed fish into it and keep in low heat, Cook for 5mins .
- If u dont have kuzhumbu milagai powder, u can add 2 tsp Red chilly powder and 1 tsp Coriander powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
- Soaking tamarind in hot water will give more tamarind water.
- Tamarind water should be thick. Otherwise it will take long time to take to form of curry/kuzhumu.
- If u like to add more tomatoes, u can. Reduce size of tamarind accordingly.