Mint, the popular herb has several benefits which include proper digestion and weight loss, relief from nausea, depression, fatigue and headache, treatment of asthma, memory loss, and skin care problems.Mint, the well known mouth and breath freshener that is scientifically known as Mentha, has more than two dozen species and hundreds of varieties. Here we are going to see Mint pulav/rice.
Serves : 2 Soaking time for rice : 20 mins
Prep Time : 10 mins Cooking time : 20 mins
Basmati Rice : 1 cup
Onion : 1 Thinly sliced
Tomato : 2 Finely chopped
Ginger Garlic paste : 2 tsp
Green chilly : 2-3
Water : 2/3 cup
Coconut milk : 2/3 cup
Mint Leaves : 1 cup
Oil/Ghee : 5tsp
Salt as needed
Bay Leave : 1
Cardamom : 2
Star anise : 1
Cinnamon stick : 1/2 inch
- First head a cooker, add oil or ghee. Then add tempering ingredients, add onions and green chilies saute up to golden brown.
- Throw ginger garlic paste saute for a while. Add tomatoes saute up to it turns mushy.
- Then grind a cup of mint to a paste, adding little water. Add mint paste to cooker, saute it up to raw smell leaves.
4. Now add salt and coconut milk and water, allow it to nice boil.
5. Add soaked rice, cover a lid on a medium heat. After 3 mins open a lid. Rice have to cook 50% as shown in pic. Then close a lid and put a weight on it. keep for 5 mins on medium heat. 6. Then turn off the heat. Leave it for 20 mins without disturbing or changing a cooker from counter top. After 20 mins, open a lid, just mix a rice from bottom. It will be pluffy and non sticky rice. Garnish with cashews. serve hot.