Gotsu is an unique side dish for pongal with a great texture and flavour. Gotsu can be made with potato, turnip, tomato etc., Here im going to cook with brinjal. Lets go for cooking.
Serves : 3-4
Prep Time : 5 mins Cooking : 20 mins
Yellow split moong dal/ paasi paruppu : 1 cup
Brinjal : 4 Chop finely
Onion : 1 finely chopped
Tomato : 1 finely chopped
Sambar powder : 2 tsp
Turmeric powder :1 tsp
Oil : 3 tsp
Mustard : 1 tsp
Curry Leaves : 10 leaves
salt to taste
Water : 1.5cup
- Wash moong dal and cook it in pressure cooker for a whistle. In mean while, start chopping onion, tomato and brinjal set a side.
- In a pan add oil and mustard, curry leaves, once cracked and onion saute to golden brown, add tomato, saute to mushy. Then add chopped brinjal, add salt, cover and cook for 5 mins on medium flame.
3. Once brinjal cooked add to cooked dal. Add sambar powder, salt, turmeric into dal and mix well.
4. Then cook a dal for 5 mins on medium heat. So, brinjal and dal will mix and cook well. check in pic as below.
- you can add any vegetable as your wish. Mostly potato, turnip and brinjal will be add for this kind of gotsu.
- If u dont have time, mix all ingredients in a pressure cooker, cook for 10mins or 2 whistle. Then temper.