Rasam is a south indian soup. Rasam is made along with tamrind or tomato as a base along with added spices and garnished with coriander.Rasam has a distinct taste in comparison to the sambar due to its own seasoning ingredients and is usually fluid in consistency.
Serves : 3-4
Prep time : 5 mins Cooking Time : 15 mins
Tamarind : Lemin size
Cooked Toor dal : 50 Gm
Tomato : 2-3
Green chilly : 1
Rasam Powder : 1 tsp
Kuzhumbu milagai podi : 1tsp
Salt to taste
Garlic : 3 crushed
Coriander leaves : handful
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Oil/Ghee : 2 tsp
mustard seed : 1 tsp
curry leaves : 10
hing : 2 pinches
- First cook toor dhal. Then soak tamarind in hot water for 5 mins
- Then take tamarind water. keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, put some oil, add tomatoes, green chilly. Once tomatoes comes mushy form, then add milagai powder, rasam powder, turmerice and salt. cook for a couple of mins.
4. Then add tamarind water, give a nice boil for 5 mins. Now add cooked dhal into it, again allow to boil for a couple of mins. Add crushed garlic too.
5. while boiling, in other side. In a kadai, add oil and tempering ingredients.
6. Now switch off the flame. add tempering agents to rasam, serve hot with rice.