Lemon Rice : One of the most popular rice in South India. It can be made with freshly cooked rice or leftover rice. Lemon juice gives a very refreshing and tangy flavor to the rice.It is easy to put together all when u are feel lazy. You can serve with masala vadai, chips, pickles, etc.,
Serves : 2
prep Time: 5 mins Cooking Time : 25mins
Cooked Rice : 2 cups
Green Chilies : 2 finely chopped
Ginger : 1/2 inche finely chopped
Turmeric : 1 tsp
Lemon Juice : 1/2 cup
Salt : to taste
Oil : 4-5 tsp
peanuts : 1 tbsp
Channa dal : 1 tbsp
peanut : 1tbsp
Curry leaves : 10 leaves
Hing : 2 pinch
Mustard Seed : 1 tsp
- In a pan, take 1tsp oil. then add finely chopped green chilies and giner.
- Then add lemon juice and turmeric. put pinch of salt. Allow it to boil for 2 mins.
3. Add this juice to cooked white rice, and mix well.
4. In same pan take oil, put all seasoning ingredients. Roast upto golden brown.
5. Then add fried dals to rice. mix well and serve.
- chopped giner will give nice aroma to the rice.
- While boiling lemon juice, it should not exceed more than 2 mins. if over boiled taste of lemon juice will change.
- Mixing Seasoning agents at last will keep the crunchiness long time.
- Don’t serve once lemon rice immediately once it ready. Give time for rice n lemon juice blend well, atleast 3-4 hours.
- I cooked rice with salt. So i put pinch of salt in lemon juice to enhance a taste of lemon juice.